by Nancy Rogier, Marketing and Development Manager
Theater is alive and well in Gloucester and Cape Ann thanks to you and patrons like you who have acted in support of Gloucester Stage for 35 years and counting. Now’s the time for you to make a donation as the Gloucester Stage annual appeal campaign gets underway. Here are 5 reasons to donate!
- Keep professional live theatre on Cape Ann. Cape Ann is rich with the arts from Rockport Music to our neighbors at the Rocky Neck Arts Colony. When it comes to professional theatre, we take the stage—or rather, we are the Stage! We’ve been presenting live theatre on Cape Ann since 1979. We help make Cape Ann a destination for performing arts and we are the only professional theatre on Cape Ann. We love being here, and our mission has no geographic limits—we’re here to create the highest quality professional theatre, period. You can be a part of that with your contribution.
- Share the power of live theatre with someone new. When you give to Gloucester Stage, you’re helping to share the power of live theatre with someone new. In today’s world of screens, displayed on everything from television to smartphones, nothing replicates the impact of live theatre. Every performance is a new creation. Each performance evokes a unique experience for theatre goers. Audience members leave the theatre changed in some way—perhaps by a performance that challenges or inspires them as well as entertains. Your donation helps bring Gloucester Stage to someone new. How? With The Welcome Project, a campaign designed to introduce more people to the joy of live theatre through an expanded mainstage season and our NeverDark second-stage events. You can be a part of it all when you donate.
- Get bragging rights for a future theatre star. Did you know that we’re launching a professional apprenticeship program for recent college graduates pursuing a career in theatre? We’re currently accepting applications for The Collaborative, our season-long education program providing early-career development for tomorrow’s theatre leaders. When you make a donation, you’ll help eight recent college graduates gain professional, hands-on experience. Experience that will help them create theatre all over the country and even the world. You’ll see their work at Gloucester Stage next season—and with your donation, you’ll have a proud role—complete with bragging rights—in shaping their careers.
- Do it for the kids. Since 2003, Heidi Dallin has directed our Youth Acting Workshop (YAW) for children ages 6 to 18. YAW provides outstanding creative and educational opportunities in the dramatic arts for underserved children of all backgrounds and levels of socioeconomic status in the Cape Ann area. This summer, YAW students learned about song-writing from veteran rock musician Willie “Loco” Alexander. Past sessions have featured Academy Award nominee actress Lindsay Crouse teaching YAW students to act and costume designer Lara Jardullo teaching students about costume design and construction. YAW students have made appearances on Cape Ann TV, North Shore 104.9 FM, Good Morning Gloucester, and at local Rotary Clubs. It’s easy for you to be a part of this wonderful program—make a donation today.
- Help bring Gloucester Stage into the next 35 years. In 2014, we celebrated our 35th season—our most successful ever. If you saw Jacques Brel Is Alive and Well and Living in Paris, Auld Lang Syne, 4000 Miles, or Fences, you’ll agree—and we thank you for making our 35th year our best ever. If you missed these productions, don’t miss out again—we want to see you here. Keep in mind, however, that only 40 percent of our expenses are covered by ticket sales, and that’s why we’re reaching out to ask you to give to this year’s annual campaign.
Share the Stage—Gloucester Stage. Donate today!