NEVERDARK SERIES 2020Outstanding Performances Brought to Life Online
Thursday, July 16th – Sunday, July 19th | Watch Online
Bill Harley Onstage
Grammy Award Winning Storyteller
With his guitar and songs, his books and stories, Bill Harley celebrates our common humanity.
Although he showed an early love of baseball (and wanted to become second baseman for the Cincinnati Reds), Bill began singing and storytelling in 1975, while still in college. The son of a children’s writer and a law book editor, Bill is a dedicated author, winning the hearts of thousands of young readers and numerous awards with his picture books and novels.
A two-time Grammy winner, he is vibrant, outrageous, unpredictable and genuine with songs and stories about growing up, schooling and what it is to be human—our connections with one another and with the planet we share. Best known for his work with children and families, his ability to navigate through a confusing world with humor and wisdom is evident in his masterful storytelling, singing, recordings and books.
Recognized by audiences and peers as one of the finest performing storytellers in the country, his work has influenced a generation of children, parents, performing artists and educators. When not traveling, you’ll find Bill at home in Seekonk, Massachusetts with his wife and professional partner Debbie Block, two beehives and their Border Collie, Django.
This production is FREE to view thanks to the Shubert Foundation, the Applied Materials Foundation, and our donors who have made contributions to Gloucester Stage this season. Please consider making a gift with your complimentary ticket purchase to help continue our mission on Cape Ann.
There are a limited number of ‘seats’ available. Click WATCH ONLINE and then a video link and password will be emailed to you instantly with your receipt. Your ticket will have a date on it, but you will have access to watch at any point from July 16 – July 19th.
How do I watch online?
You can watch the video via several platforms. Here are specific instructions and links to helpful Vimeo articles. Click WATCH ONLINE and then a video link and password will be emailed to you instantly with your receipt. Check spam or email email@example.com if you don’t receive this confirmation.
Watch via your computer’s web browser:
- Follow the link that was sent to you in your email
- Enter the password when prompted.
Watch via your Phone (on an app or the browser):
It doesn’t matter if you have the Vimeo app.
- Follow the link that was sent to you in your email.
- Enter the password when prompted.
Watch via your TV streaming device:
This article in Vimeo’s help section will let you know what TV streaming devices have Vimeo apps.
There is a multi-step process for watching a password-protected video using a Vimeo app on a TV streaming device. The first part can be done on a web browser or a phone app.
Web Browser, iPad, or iPhone:
- Go to http://vimeo.com and create a Vimeo account. If you already have one, log in.
- Go back to your email and follow the link that was provided in your email.
- Enter the password when prompted. You will then have access to the video.
- In the upper right hand corner of the video screen you will see a heart icon and a clock icon. Click the clock icon. This adds the video to your “Watch Later” list.
- Note: On an iPhone there are three dots just below the lower right hand side of the video screen and if you click those you will see a “Watch Later”. Select that and you will see a notification that you have saved it to your watch list.
First, install the Vimeo app on your TV Streaming Device. Then, go to your TV app:
Open the Vimeo App on your Smart TV or Streaming Device.
- Log in using the same account that you used to save the video to your “Watch Later” list. You should see the video saved there and now available to be played. If you are already logged into your account on your AppleTV or Roku when you add the video to your “Watch Later” list, it may not appear on your list on your TV until you logout and log back in, again (this is what happened to us).
- The Vimeo app for AppleTV’s has been fixed!
Watching the video on your Apple TV using Airplay:
From the Vimeo website: “With your device connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, start playing a video and tap the AirPlay icon in the lower right-hand corner of the player. Just like that, your selected video will begin playing on your TV.”
(Watching) Casting a Video on a Chromecast:
From the Vimeo website: “With your device connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast, start playing a video and tap the Chromecast icon in the lower right-hand corner of the player. In mere moments, your selected video will begin playing on your TV. You can continue browsing Vimeo on your device while your video plays, and control playback on your TV using the Chromecast controls at the bottom of the app.”