COVID-19 Info CenterOur Plans and Policies for Keeping You Safe this Summer Season
Safety from Arrival to Applause
The health and safety of our audiences, artists, and staff is our first priority this summer. That’s why we’re taking the productions outdoors.
We’re also implementing some new practices, and we’ll be asking you to follow those guidelines. Throughout the summer we will adapt our safety measures to the latest recommendations by the CDC – so once you’re with us, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.
More Space, Fewer Touchpoints
Fresh Ocean Breeze, Open Air Performance and Guest Spaces, E-Tickets, Paperless Programs, and All Credit Cards Accepted.
Personal Pod Seating
Requiring Face Masks, Reserved 6ft Spaced-Out Seating, and Group Limits of Six People
Stationary Food & Drink
Socially Distanced Cocktail Tables and Seating, Masks Required unless Eating or Drinking at a Designated Area
COVID Symptom Checklist in Pre-Show Emails, Temperature Taking Before Entry, Waiving Rescheduling Fees for Tickets
More Space, Fewer Touchpoints
Massachusetts Phased Reopening Guidelines will allow indoor theaters like ours to reopen, but with recommendations from local health professionals and the CDC, we have made the commitment to an open-air performance space. The newly designed outdoor stage at Windhover Performing Arts Center has been specially designed for physical distancing and to minimize the risk of COVID-19.
- The stage and audience space will feature some covering from the elements, but there will be no tent or walls restricting airflow.
- Over 4.5 acres of land to spread out during your visit, with ample parking space, concessions bar biergarten, and audience seating.
- Updated E-Ticket emailed reservations direct to your smartphone and contactless checkout transactions onsite.
- All play programs and drink menus available digitally.
- We will not being accepting cash onsite and now accept all major credit cards (including Amex).
Personal Pod Seating
This newly created outdoor theater space will offer raked rows and socially-distanced seating. Parties of 1 up to 6 will be able to sit together and safely be 6 feet apart from other guests enjoying the performance. Questions about ticket reservations and seating charts can be found by clicking here.
- Face masks are required at all times while on the premises, including during the performances. Masks with vents or exhalation valves are not permitted. Plastic face shields may be worn in addition to a face mask but not in place of one.
- Customers with conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask should consider our Streaming Season – learn more here.
- Some grass seating on webbed lawn chairs for comfort, stability, and accessible seating. Most folding chairs on firm, raised platform seating.
- All seats electrostatically disinfected between performances.
- Before arriving, all travelers are required to complete a coronavirus health declaration that acknowledges that they have not tested positive, experienced symptoms (including a fever) or been in recent contact with anyone who has tested positive.
- All audience will remain at least 10 feet from stage, but true to Gloucester Stage, there’s no bad seat in the house.
Clean Surfaces & Sanitation
More frequent cleaning and sanitation of all spaces used by customers and staff. Deep cleaning between performances.
- Limiting touch points while onsite and reserved seating so the only person to touch your chair is you or your companion
- Tables and seating in concessions bar biergarten sanitize-wiped before you arrive, during Act I before intermission, and again at Act II
- Deep Cleaned restroom facilities between each performance and sanitize-wiped during Act I and Act II
- ADA compliant handicap accessible portable restrooms with running water in addition to the Windhover Facilities.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations located throughout the property for convenient use.
- Personal hand sanitizing and face mask packets for any patrons who require additional support.
Stationary Food & Drink
Our team is creating an art-infused biergarten on the spacious Windhover property to welcome guests and entertain before the performance even begins.
- Masks are required at all times while onsite. Patrons seated and stationary at cocktail tables may remove their mask to eat or imbibe.
- All patrons wishing to drink alcohol will need to present a legal ID at the Box Office Check-in and wear a wristband for easy identification as this is a family facility. Staff may ask you to show your wristband or legal ID more than once on the premises.
- Protective shields between our service staff and the audience.
- Contactless and credit card payments accepted only – no cash sales.
- All consumables are one-use and as recyclable as we are able to locally source.
- All food and drink must be enjoyed within the large lobby area – no food or drinks will be allowed in the performance space as masks are required throughout the performance.
- Gloucester Stage encourages you to plan ahead, designating a sober driver, and to enjoy responsibly.
We must all put forth effort to keep eachother safe. We will use our communication systems to remind patrons of our policies before their visit and encourage anyone who has had any exposure to reschedule their tickets to another date, another show, or to just a streamed ticket and refund. The entire company and audience depends on the honor system.
- Patrons will receive a Coronavirus symptom checklist in pre-show emails with a link to request a free exchange.
- All guests will be required at least one contact email and phone number per party for contact tracing purposes if an issue were to arise.
- Temperatures will be taken at the Box Office check-in point at Windhover. Guests with a temperature over 100ºF will be refunded immediately.
- All rescheduling fees are waived and refunds will be given if no worthy alternative exists.
- Streaming tickets will be made available to anyone unable to attend a performance with a refund or donation receipt for the difference in price.
- Connecting audience members to COVID testing resources locally and providing high quality customer service.
Healthy Artists, Crew, & Staff
Gloucester Stage operates under agreement with Actors’ Equity Association, Society of Directors and Choreographers, and USA IATSE Designers Unions. Full, in-depth safety protocols must be presented and approved by Unions before professional artists are hired. All creative team members (regardless of member affiliation) will receive the full staffing plan, procedures, and safety support before hiring. Highlights are listed below:
- Mandatory testing, with results before entering the rehearsal room (at no cost to the individual or their insurance).
- Testing weekly for all company members (actors, directors, creative team members, apprentices, box office staff, onsite administrative staff) at no cost to the individual or their insurance.
- All Rehearsals onsite at Gloucester Stage’s indoor theater with updated MERV-13 filters & UV light cleansing air handling systems.
- All rehearsals are closed to the public and limited to a maximum of 10 persons in the room.
- Designers working remotely until tech-week, Staff working remotely when possible, keeping actors, stage managers, and directors safe.
- Paid Sick Leave for all hourly and salaried staff (including actors and stage managers).
- Free personal protective equipment (PPE) and sanitation kits provided to actors, crew, apprentices, and staff.
- Requiring masks for all team members while indoors, outdoors, and when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- New staff member role created to track daily temperature and weekly testing results, and communicate resources to staff clearly.
Questions or Concerns?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978.281.4433 to speak with a team member for further clarification, recommendations, or specialized support to make your visit to Windhover this summer safe and enjoyable.
More Information About Summer 2021 at Windhover: