OpportunitiesCareers | Seasonal Jobs | Apprenticeships
Gloucester Stage Company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to submit. You can learn more about how our company is taking action build a more anti-racist culture online here: gloucesterstage.com/action-plan
Gloucester Stage Company remains committed to providing a safe environment for all of our volunteers, artists, and staff. We are proud adopters of the The Chicago Theatre Standards, and part of the #notinourhouse movement. Read more about the standards online here: gloucesterstage.com/standards
Creating theater this summer will not be normal – we are making significant investments in the safety of artists and staff to make in person performances possible. A full employee and artist-facing COVID safety plan will be presented to you before accepting an offer, you can find an overview online here.
NOW HIRING: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Gloucester Stage Company is seeking an interpersonal relationship oriented Development Director familiar with the North of Boston/Cape Ann area and passionate about theatre. Reporting to the Managing Director with direct connection to the Board of Directors, the Development Director is responsible for increasing the net contributions to the Gloucester Stage Company and the brand equity perceived by major stakeholders.
The Development Director coordinates with the Managing Director to implement a wide variety of tools to build relationships with funding sources. The specific duties and responsibilities of the position include planning & assessment, individual giving campaigns, major gifts coordination & stewardship, institutional giving requests in conjunction with the grant coordinator, and special event fundraising.
- Identify new donor populations and prospects through data tools within the organization.
- Create targeted strategies and events to cultivate potential donors, leveraging the board, patrons, and education constituencies. For example, the establishment of “Donor Circles” and other avenues of donor stewardship.
- Increase communications to individual donors and corporate sponsors. Ensure all donors to the company are appropriately thanked in a timely and meaningful way. Respond to donor requests.
- Design ways to deepen relationships between existing supporters and the theater.
- Work with the leadership team and events committee to conceive and manage recognition events bringing together donors and beneficiaries.
- Fulltime; Salaried $40,000 – $60,000 (based on experience)
- Anticipated start date: 3/1/2022
- Flexible time scheduling and work from home hybrid
- Two week paid vacation and eight paid holidays annually
- Professional development opportunities
- Evenings or weekends will only be required for special fundraising events
- Personable, positive, and diplomatic individual with integrity and a sense of humor, who works effectively with donors, volunteers, and staff
- Energetic self-starter with exceptional attention to detail
- Creative person who enjoys working in a small but professional team environment.
- Well-organized and able to plan strategically, while also keeping focus on details to assure effective implementation and follow through
- Ability to inspire those working around you to accomplish common objectives and goals
- Must be extremely detail oriented to accommodate small requests that make big impacts with patrons.
- Bachelors of Arts preferred
- Two to three years of development experience
- Strong project management and event planning coordination skillset
- Strong computer and database management skills; familiarity with AudienceView/ OvationTix database a bonus
- Superior social, written communication, and presentation skills
- Intelligence to problem solve and negotiate with tact and diplomacy
- Must have your own transportation.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and a personal cover letter directly to Managing Director, Christopher Griffith, at email@example.com
Apply by: February 13, 2022
Gloucester Stage is beginning a year long search for the next Artistic Director for the Company. A selection committee, transparent timeline, compensation package, and job description will be posted in February 2022.
For inquiries about the search contact Managing Director, Christopher Griffith: firstname.lastname@example.org
To reach Interim Artistic Director Paula Plum: email@example.com
We are no longer accepting applications for our 2021 season
The Post-Graduate Apprenticeship program engages in hands-on development and training during one season with Gloucester Stage. Each position has a specialty that connects to the student’s career path, such as directing, stage management (EMC Point Eligible), marketing and development, et al.
The program offers young theater professionals creative ownership, valuable education, important networking opportunities, and real-world experience. After a season with Gloucester Stage, apprentices have the depth of knowledge to seek full-time employment with professional theater companies, form their own companies, or pursue advanced degrees.
For further information and to apply visit our Apprenticeship Page.
Diversity & Safety Statement
Gloucester Stage Company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status. Gloucester Stage Company remains committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all of our volunteers, artists, and staff. We prohibit sexual harassment in all forms, providing clear procedures for reporting complaints about conduct, and following through with appropriate and timely disciplinary measures.