OpportunitiesCareers | Seasonal Jobs | Apprenticeships
Gloucester Stage Company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to submit. You can learn more about how our company is taking action build a more anti-racist culture online here: gloucesterstage.com/action-plan
Gloucester Stage Company remains committed to providing a safe environment for all of our volunteers, artists, and staff. We are proud adopters of the The Chicago Theatre Standards, and part of the #notinourhouse movement. Read more about the standards online here: gloucesterstage.com/standards
Creating theater this summer will not be normal – we are making significant investments in the safety of artists and staff to make in person performances possible. To learn more about Windhover Performing Arts Center, our outdoor venue, click here. A full artist-facing COVID safety plan will be presented to you before accepting an offer, you can find an overview online here.
Preferred Start Date: August 18, 2021
- Work with cast and costume designers to provide fresh and clean clothes for every performance
- Collect laundry in designated bags from theater site (Windhover, Rockport MA)
- Launder all ‘skins’ and machine washable pieces.
- Steam washed items in areas at Windhover on schedule (in advance of actor dressing times).
- Drop off and return weekly dry cleaning orders.
- Order detergent and cleaning supplies when needed
- Make repairs when necessary
- Inspect and make recommendations to the Production Manager when an item needs to be replaced or fixed.
- Maintain safe COVID-19 Prevention protocols keeping self and artists safe.
- Work with Covid Safety Officer to maintain a consistent disinfection and deodorization schedule (utilizing ASMs when necessary).
Compensation: $18/hr, likely 15+hrs weekly, W-4 employee, travel time paid
How to Apply: Interested parties please send the following to Production Manager, Claire Morse email@example.com
- Resume (PDF format)
- Available Start Date or Any Potential Conflicts
We are no longer accepting applications for our 2021 season
The Post-Graduate Apprenticeship program engages in hands-on development and training during one season with Gloucester Stage. Each position has a specialty that connects to the student’s career path, such as directing, stage management (EMC Point Eligible), marketing and development, et al.
The program offers young theater professionals creative ownership, valuable education, important networking opportunities, and real-world experience. After a season with Gloucester Stage, apprentices have the depth of knowledge to seek full-time employment with professional theater companies, form their own companies, or pursue advanced degrees.
For further information and to apply visit our Apprenticeship Page.
Diversity & Safety Statement
Gloucester Stage Company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status. Gloucester Stage Company remains committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all of our volunteers, artists, and staff. We prohibit sexual harassment in all forms, providing clear procedures for reporting complaints about conduct, and following through with appropriate and timely disciplinary measures.