OpportunitiesCareers | Seasonal Jobs | Apprenticeships
Gloucester Stage Company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to submit. You can learn more about how our company is taking action build a more anti-racist culture online here: gloucesterstage.com/action-plan
Gloucester Stage Company remains committed to providing a safe environment for all of our volunteers, artists, and staff. We are proud adopters of the The Chicago Theatre Standards, and part of the #notinourhouse movement. Read more about the standards online here: gloucesterstage.com/standards
Creating theater this summer will not be normal – we are making significant investments in the safety of artists and staff to make in person performances possible. To learn more about Windhover Performing Arts Center, our outdoor venue, click here. A full artist-facing COVID safety plan will be presented to you before accepting an offer, you can find an overview online here.
Preferred Start Date: August 6, 2021
Gloucester Stage Company is seeking a Concessions Bartender familiar with the North of Boston/Cape Ann area and passionate about interacting with guests during the 2021 Outdoor Summer Season.
We are a learning and mentorship oriented organization, so applicants who are early in their career, have a varied level of experience, and may be looking to build their resume are encouraged to apply.
Will need to be TIPS certified (paid for by GSC). Reports to the Box Office Manager & Managing Director.
The Concessions Bartender must be available to work nights and weekends, averaging 20-30 hours per work week.
- Greet and serve customers at the concession bar, upholding the quality of the Gloucester Stage experience.
- Uncork and serve wine, Tap and serve draft beer, offering recommendations and additional information from Sommelier (provided by distributor).
- Distribute order-ahead pre-boxed meals from Willowrest (handled by box office)
- Sell all food and beverage items available for sale
- Provide patrons with a positive experience.
- Provide a safe and clean bar environment (GSC has all required permitting)
- Maintain alcohol compliance (including age verification and monitoring guest consumption levels).
- Follow all health board requirements for safe food handling.
- Maintain safe COVID-19 Prevention protocols keeping self and audience safe.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs when necessary.
- Maintain Inventory in collaboration with House Manager, Fiona Kerr
- Keep proper amounts of wine, beer, drinks, and food from distributors onhand as to never deplete supply or let product go to waste.
- Place orders and monitor inventory with all vendors for alcohol, drinks, and food items.
- Process all transactions using Square Point of Sale system
- Settling all transactions on a daily basis with Managing Director
Compensation: $15/hr + tips
How to Apply: Interested parties please send the following to Box Office Manager, Billy Burgoyne firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume (PDF format) – if your resume does not reflect bartending experience, please list past experience in your email.
- Three sentence summary of your interest in this position.
- One professional or educational reference.
- Available Start Date or Any Potential Conflicts
We are no longer accepting applications for our 2021 season
The Post-Graduate Apprenticeship program engages in hands-on development and training during one season with Gloucester Stage. Each position has a specialty that connects to the student’s career path, such as directing, stage management (EMC Point Eligible), marketing and development, et al.
The program offers young theater professionals creative ownership, valuable education, important networking opportunities, and real-world experience. After a season with Gloucester Stage, apprentices have the depth of knowledge to seek full-time employment with professional theater companies, form their own companies, or pursue advanced degrees.
For further information and to apply visit our Apprenticeship Page.
Diversity & Safety Statement
Gloucester Stage Company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status. Gloucester Stage Company remains committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all of our volunteers, artists, and staff. We prohibit sexual harassment in all forms, providing clear procedures for reporting complaints about conduct, and following through with appropriate and timely disciplinary measures.